By Natalie Kim
Walnut – The June 8 Walnut Council meeting began with the recognition of the outgoing youth advisory commissioners. The Council thanked the outgoing advisors for their work in the City and their hard work in providing younger residents of the City a sense of community. The Council also recognized the Mt. San Antonio College Men’s Track Team for winning the state title. The Council recognized the team’s hard work and dedication in winning the state level competition.
Following the public comments, the Council approved the minutes from the May 19 Budget Workshop, the May 25 Study Session minutes, and the May 25 City Council/WHA minutes. The Council also approved a resolution adopting the fiscal year 2016-17 to the fiscal year 2020-21 Capital Improvement Plan. The Council then heard and approved two ordinances, adopting the Los Angeles County Code Title 8 relating to the operation of mobile food facilities and amending and restating Walnut Municipal Code regarding City commissions. The Council also approved all items on the consent calendar, including the following:
– Resolution allowing claims and demands in the amount of $731,044.48
– Resolution adopting a 2016-17 annual budget
– Resolution establishing the 2016-17 appropriation limit
– Sport groups requests for biannual field use for fall 2016
– Bingo permit application submitted by the Walnut Senior Citizens Club and request for waiver
– Appeal for a conditional use permit amendment vesting tentative tract map 72017 and environmental impact report addendum.
Following Council reports and comments, the Council adjourned to June 22 at 7 p.m. at 21201 La Puente Rd.