By City of Chino
CHINO, CA – On Sunday November 27, 2016 at approximately 1:55 p.m. Chino Police Officers and Chino Valley Firefighters responded to a report of a residential fire in the 4900 block of G Street. Upon arrival, officers discovered that an explosion had occurred in the back of the residence. The fire was extinguished prior to the officers’ arrival.
Located at the residence was 20-year-old Chino resident, Adrian Corona who was suffering from severe burn injuries to his face and upper body.
The investigation revealed the source of the explosion as a Butane Honey Oil (BHO) extraction laboratory used to manufacture marijuana hash oil. Investigators from the Chino Police Department and the Chino Valley Fire District quarantined the area and processed the scene once investigators determined it was safe to enter.
Emergency personnel closed G Street for several hours while investigators processed the scene.
Corona was transported to an area hospital with severe burn injuries. Investigators are seeking charges against Corona for his involvement in drug manufacturing.
The investigation is ongoing; anyone with information should contact Lieutenant Mensen with the Investigations Bureau at (909) 334-3093 or firstname.lastname@example.org.