Balsamic Onion Burgers
with Crispy Cauliflower Oven Fries
Cooking Time: 30 min.
Nutrition: 684 cal, Fat: 37 g, Sat. Fat: 10 g, Protein: 32 g, Carbs: 56 g, Sugar: 11 g, Sodium: 421 mg, Fiber: 7 g
- Cauliflower Florets- 10 oz.
- Panko- ¼ Cup
- Red Onion- 1
- Garlic- 1 Clove
- Balsamic Vinegar- 1 TBSP
- Ground Beef- 8 oz.
- Dried Oregano- 1 TBSP
- Mayonnaise- 1 TBSP
- Brioche Buns- 2
- Preheat oven and roast cauliflower. Wash and dry all produce. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss cauliflower with panko, a large drizzle of oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Transfer to a baking sheet and roast until golden brown, about 25 minutes. TIP: Don’t worry if a few crumbs fall off.
- Prep. Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion. Mince or grate 1 clove garlic (save remaining clove for another use).
- Cook onion. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, 4-5 minutes, tossing occasionally. Stir in 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar (we sent more) and reduce heat to low. Cook until very soft, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Make burgers. Shape ground beef into two 1-inch-thick patties with your hands. Season with dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Carefully wipe out pan you cooked onions in with a paper towel, then heat a drizzle of oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook to desired doneness, 3-5 minutes per side.
- Make garlic aioli. Combine 1 TBSP mayonnaise (we sent more) and garlic (to taste) in a small bowl. (TIP: Start with a pinch of garlic, then go up from there.) Season with salt and pepper. Split buns in half, place on another baking sheet, and toast in oven until golden brown, 3-5 minutes.
- Serve. Spread garlic aioli on buns and top each with a burger and onion. Serve with crispy cauliflower on the side.