Time is perhaps the most coveted thing moms have and it’s crucial to manage it effectively for you and your family.
To help moms everywhere make the most of their precious minutes in 2017, actress, director, producer, entrepreneur, mother-of-three and Nutrisystem ambassador, Melissa Joan Hart reveals her New Year’s Resolutions, crafted from years of juggling different time consuming tasks.
- Just say “no”: Sometimes you just have to decline requests or pick and choose which ones are doable. And remember, it’s okay to ask for a rain check.
- Limit screen time: It’s easy to fall into the screen time black hole. Instead, be present — put your phone down and limit your children’s time in front of their screens. Even talk to your spouse!
- Set aside 20 “Mom Minutes” daily: Do something for yourself for 20 minutes every day– meditate, do a quick workout, call a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while, or simply do nothing with a cup of coffee in hand.
- Have one-on-one time with each child: Create no-fuss activities like coloring or playing cards that you can do with each child individually based on his or her personality. Spending quality time separately will feed your soul and theirs.
- Try to be guilt free: As a working mom, you are doing things for your family even when you are at work, so don’t feel guilty about the time away from loved ones.
- Make simple healthy changes: Remember that your kids are always watching, so being a good role model when it comes to health and fitness will pay dividends for them and for you. Simple, easy changes in your daily routing can help you with your health goals. For example, drink a nutrient-rich shake for breakfast, such as Nutrisystem Turboshakes, drink more water throughout the day and maintain a consistent exercise schedule.
And if you want to lose weight, as so many do in the New Year, Hart says, “look for a plan that works for you. I chose Nutrisystem because it was simple and fit with my lifestyle. I lost 40 pounds and feel better than ever!”
For a kick start to your New Year, consider Nutrisystem Lean13, a new program designed to help you lose up to 13 pounds and seven inches in your first month. More information can be found at nutrisystem.com.
- Plan quality couple time: Make time to reignite your romance. Go out to a movie, take a walk together, write each other love notes.
“Don’t put too much pressure on yourself to make grand resolutions,” says Hart. “It’s the small resolutions that can make every day just feel better.”