- Fromi USA is recalling its 7 cases of Soureliette cheese and 2 cases of Tomme Brebis Fedou because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
- S. Smokeless Tobacco Company (USSTC) is voluntarily recalling certain of its smokeless tobacco products, listed in the chart below, manufactured at USSTC’s facility in Franklin Park, IL. USSTC has notified the U.S. Food and Drug Administration of the recall and is working with federal authorities on this matter. USSTC initiated the recall after receiving eight consumer complaints of foreign metal objects, including sharp metal objects, found in select cans.
- Thorley Industries LLC d/b/a 4moms (4moms) is recalling certain 4moms Self Installing Rear-facing Infant Car Seats, model number 1032, manufactured July 1, 2016, to October 31, 2016. Due to a tight rivet, the affected car seats have a coupling hook that may not properly engage around the coupling pin, preventing the infant carrier portion from securely attaching to the seat base.
- Baby Trend, Inc. (Baby Trend) is recalling certain Hybrid LX 3-in-1 Centennial booster seats, model number FB58181, manufactured on July 23, 2016, and Hybrid LX 3-in-1 Kiwi booster seats, model number FB48417, manufactured on July 14, 2016. The affected child seats have a center adjuster rivet that may pull through or break if the harness is being used with a child weighing more than 40 lbs. As such, these child seats fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 213, “Child Restraint Systems.”
- Continental Tire the Americas, LLC (Continental) is recalling certain General Tire Grabber light truck tires, size 33×12.50R18 LT 118Q, Load Range E, manufactured May 3, 2015, to May 16, 2015 (DOT week codes 1815 and 1915). These replacement tires may have a lack of adhesion within the belt package, causing tread wear, tread bulging, and possible tread separation.