ONE-POT ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP
with Pork Meatballs and Kale
Cooking Time: 35 min.
Nutrition: Calories 678
- Yellow Onion- 1
- Carrot- 1
- Garlic- 2 Cloves
- Ground Pork- 8 oz.
- Ricotta Cheese- ¼ Cup
- Panko Breadcrumbs- 1 TBSP
- Italian Seasoning- 1 TBSP
- Chicken Stock Concentrates- 2
- Israeli Couscous- ½ Cup
- Kale- 4 oz.
- Parmesan Cheese- ¼ Cup
- Prep. Wash and dry all produce. Halve, peel, and chop onion. Peel carrot, then halve lengthwise. Slice into thin halfmoons. Mince or grate garlic.
- Make meatball mix. Combine pork, ¼ cup ricotta cheese, 2 TBSP panko, a pinch of salt, half the garlic, and half the Italian seasoning in a large bowl. Gently mix just until blended.
- Start soup. Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot, remaining garlic, remaining Italian seasoning, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until softened, 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 4 cups water and stock concentrates. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let sim
- Form meatballs. While soup simmers, form meatballs: shape meatball mix into round balls (use about a heaping TBSP for each). Repeat until all of mixture is used. TIP: Be gentle with the meat— overworking it will cause the meatballs to become dense.
- Finish soup. Stir couscous into soup, then carefully drop in meatballs. Return to a simmer and cook until meatballs are no longer pink on outside, about 3 minutes. Add half the kale from the package (use the rest as you like). Cook until leaves are tender and couscous is al dente, about 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Finish and serve. Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle Parmesan over each bowl and serve.