with Red Onion Jam and Zucchini Fries
By Hello Fresh
Cooking Time: 35 min.
Nutrition: Calories: 860
- Garlic- 1 Clove
- Red Onion- 1
- Zucchini- 1
- Mayonnaise- 1 ½ TBSP
- Balsamic Vinegar- 2 TBSP
- Panko Breadcrumbs- ¼ Cup
- Dried Oregano- 1 tsp
- Ground Beef- 8 oz.
- Monterey Jack Cheese- ½ Cup
- Potato Buns- 2
- Ketchup- 2 TBSP
- prep Wash and dry all produce. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mince or grate garlic until you have ¼ tsp (you may have a clove left over). Halve, peel, and thinly slice onion. Cut zucchini into 3-inch-long pieces, then halve each piece lengthwise. Cut each into thin wedges.
- Make Aioli In a small bowl, mix together 1½ TBSP mayonnaise (we sent more) and as much of the garlic as you like. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make Onion Jam Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until caramelized, 8-10 minutes, tossing occasionally. Stir in balsamic vinegar and 1 tsp sugar. Continue cooking until syrupy, 1-2 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside in another small bowl.
- Make Zucchini Fries While onions are cooking, toss together zucchini and ½ TBSP aioli in a medium bowl until wedges are evenly coated. Add panko, oregano, and a large pinch of salt and pepper and toss so that crumbs stick to zucchini. Spread on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake in oven until panko is golden-brown, about 15 minutes, tossing halfway through. TIP: It’s OK if not all the breadcrumbs stick.
- Cook burgers Wash out pan you cooked onions in. Heat a drizzle of oil in same pan over medium-high heat. Shape beef into two 4-inch-wide patties. Season all over with salt and pepper. Add to pan and cook until burgers almost reach desired doneness, 3-5 minutes per side. Top each with Monterey Jack cheese. Cover pan until cheese melts, about 1 minute.
- Finish and serve While burgers cook, split buns in half and place on another baking sheet. Toast in oven until golden, about 3 minutes. Spread split sides of buns with ketchup and remaining aioli. Top each with a burger and as much onion jam as you like. Serve with zucchini fries on the side.