This year’s highlight will feature FREE attractions for children at the Festival’s Fun Zone
City of Walnut
WALNUT – The 42nd Annual Walnut Family Festival will be held on Saturday, October 13 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at Suzanne Park (625 Suzanne Road, Walnut). The Family Festival Opening Procession steps off at 9:00 am from the Walnut Gymnasium and will walk up Gartel Road to Marcon Raod and then into the Festival Grounds at Suzanne Park.
There will be plenty of fun for children at the Festival’s Fun Zone, which will feature FREE attractions including: a rock climbing wall, an inflatable giant maze, a petting zoo, kiddy train ride, games, hands-on art demonstrations, face painting, and other fun inflatables.
The food court will feature booths run by local non-profit groups cooking up delicious food items, while earning money for their worthy causes. In addition, the Walnut Lions Club will be hosting a pancake breakfast from 8:00 am to 10:00 am for early risers.
There will be over 100 booths to visit featuring local businesses, community groups, arts and crafts vendors, City services, environmental information and more.
- Walnut High School (400 N. Pierre Rd.)
- Suzanne Middle School (525 Suzanne Rd.)
- Walnut Senior Center (21215 La Puente Rd.)
- LA County Library (21155 La Puente Rd.) – Open to the Public after 11:00 am
- Walnut Gymnasium (21003 La Puente Rd.) – Open to the Public after 11:00 am
- Walnut Parking Lot A (20983 La Puente Rd.)
Local Road Closures
- On Saturday, October 13, due to the Opening Procession, Gartel Road will be closed from La Puente Road to Marcon Road from approximately 8:30 am to 10:30 am.
- In addition, due to the Festival, Suzanne Rd. will be closed from Macron Road. to Fuerte Dr. from approximately 3:00 pm on Friday, October 12 through 11:00 pm Saturday, October 13.
There’s plenty to see and do at this year’s Festival. For more information, please call Walnut Community Services at (909) 598-5605