By City of Diamond Bar
The City of Diamond Bar invites all students to celebrate Arbor Day 2019 by participating in their annual art contest. Local artist may use any art medium of their choice to create a poster depicting the theme “Trees are Terrific: for our Health and Happiness.” Judges will select a first-place ($50 Target gift card), second-place ($25 gift card) and third-place ($15 gift card) winner. Winners will be invited to receive their prize at the Earth Day 2019 Celebration. All poster entry forms must be submitted by Friday, April 12 before 4:30 p.m.
Contest Entry Form
All fourth or fifth graders who live or go to school in Diamond Bar can participate in the annual art contest.
Artwork must be hand-drawn on letter-size paper (8 1/2 x 11 inch), and may be in color or black and white, and created using crayons, colored pencils, markers, watercolors or any other medium. Glue, stickers, and glitter are not allowed.
The top three entries will be selected and displayed at the event and artists will receive a Target gift card ($50 for first place, $25 for second place, and $15 for third place).
Posters may be dropped off at, or mailed to, Diamond Bar City Hall located at 21810 Copley Drive. A completed entry form must accompany entry.
1. All entries must be original artwork created by a student who is currently in the fifth grade. A student may enter the contest only once.
2. Entries must be done on paper with sufficient clarity to allow for duplication, displaying, and framing.
3. The first-place winner’s artwork will be framed.
4. The student’s first and last name must be written or signed in the lower right-hand corner on the front of the poster.
5. Entries must be cone in marker, crayon, paint pens, watercolor, ink, acrylic, colored paper, and/or tempera paint.
6. Collages are not acceptable (Do not glue anything on your poster.)
7. Computer or photo generated art and/or printing is not acceptable.
8. Entries should not display the names of commercial products, companies, or organizations.
9. The poster must be related to the contest theme in some way. The theme: “Trees are Terrific and Energy Wise” must be on the poster. All words must be spelled correctly.
10. Entries should not be matted, mounted, laminated, framed or folded.
For more information or questions contact the City’s Environmental Services Division at 909-839-7015 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website https://www.diamondbarca.gov/760/Earth-Day-and-Arbor-Day