Corona – If you’re looking for a family fun day, you do not want to miss the Koroneburg Renaissance Festival in Corona. This annual festival will take place for 5 weekends, starting May 27th.
The Koroneburg Renaissance Festival is one of the only permanently built Renaissance Festivals in Southern California, and is the most interactive Renaissance experience around! They offer tremendous audience-participation content, giving you plenty to do and opportunities to learn about 1450-1600 A.D. history. The festival will have live performers, interactive demonstrations and games, music, German-inspired food, shopping of unique handmade items, and much more!
This festival has been around for 25 years, with the first festival taking place in 1998. “Entertaining families and friends for such a long time is a true privilege and a testament of our fantastic vendors, entertainers, and staff,” according to their website.
The Koroneburg Festival is a themed event that traditionally celebrates the artistic and cultural advancements made in Renaissance Europe. “Most festivals focus on England and Queen Elizabeth, but we do things a little differently at Koroneburg,” stated their website. “In honor of Johannesburg Gutenberg who made literacy and education accessible to all people with the movable type printing press, our event is set on the Rhine river on the border of France and Germany between 1450-1600.”
At this festival, you and your family will be welcomed by a community of people who are “passionate about entertaining, educating and creating amazing experiences that you can’t get anywhere else.” It is also not a requirement to dress in a costume, but some will dress up to join in on the fun!
The Koroneburg Renaissance Festival will be held at 14600 Baron Drive in Corona.
They will be open on the following dates:
- May 27-29: Military Appreciation Weekend – This weekend is dedicated to recognizing current and retired members of the military. On this weekend, there will be a service member flag presentation, staff and organized by veterans in our community. On Memorial Day, Military & Veterans get in for FREE
- June 3-4: Market Mayhem – Spend $150 at Participating Vendors & receive four tickets to return to the festival (earn 4 tickets for every $150 spent)
- June 10-11: Pirate Weekend – Dress up as a Pirate & get $5 Off your Single Day Pass (Cannot be combined with other coupons or offers)
- June 17-18: Celtic & Norse Weekend – Dress up in Celtic, Viking or Norse Costumes & get $5 Off your Single Day Pass (Cannot be combined with other coupons or offers)
- June 24-25: Baron’s 67th Birthday Celebration-Come out and give him a big “OOMPHAA” to Celebrate!
To purchase your tickets for the event, please visit renfestcorona.com