UPGRADED STEAK AND POTATOES
By Hello Fresh
Cooking Time: 30 min.
Nutrition: 709 cal, Fat: 34 g, Sat. Fat: 10 g, Protein: 46 g, Carbs: 53 g, Sugar: 13 g, Sodium: 570 mg, Fiber: 9 g
- Sweet Potato- 12 oz.
- Green Beans- 6 oz.
- Thyme- ¼ oz.
- Sirloin Steak- 12 oz.
- Beef Demi Glace- 1
- Sliced Almonds- 1 oz.
- Preheat oven and prep ingredients. Wash and dry all produce. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut sweet potato into ½-inch cubes. Strip thyme leaves off stems and finely chop leaves. Toss sweet potatoes on a baking sheet with half the thyme, a large drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Roast potatoes. Bake sweet potatoes until golden brown, about 25 minutes, tossing halfway through. Trim woody stem ends of green beans. (You can sit back and relax for 10 minutes while the potatoes cook).
- Roast green beans. With about 15 minutes left to go on potatoes, add green beans to same baking sheet and toss with a large drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Return to oven and roast until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Cook steak. Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over mediumhigh heat. Season steak on all sides with salt and pepper. Add to pan and cook to desired doneness, 4-7 minutes per side. Remove from pan and let rest 5 minutes.
- Make pan-sauce. Add demi glace, ¼ cup water, and remaining thyme to same pan. Scrape up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and swirl in 1 TBSP butter. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Finish and plate. Sprinkle almonds onto baking sheet with green beans and sweet potatoes. Thinly slice steak and serve next to veggies. Drizzle with pan sauce.5 minutes.