with Arugula-Mint Pesto, Quinoa Salad, and Char-Broiled Snap Peas
By Hello Fresh
Cooking Time: 30 min.
Nutrition: Calories: 750 cal, Fat: 43g, Sat. Fat: 3 g, Protein: 50g, Carbs: 42 g, Sugar: 3 g, Sodium: 200 mg, Fiber: 7 g
- Salmon- 12oz.
- Arugula- 2 oz.
- Mint- ¼ oz.
- White Quinoa- ½ cup
- Whole-Grain Mustard- 2t
- Sliced Almonds- 1oz.
- Garlic- 1 clove
- Snap Peas- 4 oz.
- Olive Oil- 5t
- Cook the quinoa: Preheat the broiler to high or the oven to 500 degrees. In a small pot, bring 1 cup water to a boil with a large pinch of salt. Once boiling, add the quinoa, cover, and reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes, until tender. Fluff with a fork and place in a large bowl to cool.
- Prep remaining ingredients: Wash and dry all produce. Meanwhile, finely chop the mint leaves and half the arugula. Mince or grate 1 clove garlic. Trim the snap peas, if necessary.
- Make the arugula-mint pesto: In a small bowl, combine the mint, chopped arugula, and a large drizzle of olive oil. Stir in a pinch of garlic and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook the salmon: Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Season the salmon on all sides with salt and pepper. Add the salmon to the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes per side, until just opaque throughout. Remove and discard the skin, if desired.
- Broil the snap peas: While the salmon cooks, toss the snap peas on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place the snap peas under the broiler for 4-5 minutes, until slightly charred.
- Make the quinoa salad: Toss the cooled quinoa with the remaining arugula, almonds, 2 teaspoons mustard (or less, to taste), and a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Finish: Toss the snap peas with half the pesto. Plate the salmon alongside the snap peas and quinoa salad. Drizzle the remaining pesto over the salmon and enjoy!