HONEY MUSTARD GLAZED CHICKEN
with Baked Veggies
Cooking Time: 40 min
Nutrition: 526 cal, Fat: 16 g, Sat. Fat: 2 g, Protein: 47 g, Carbs: 51 g, Sugar: 17 g, Sodium: 322 mg, Fiber: 7 g
- Red Onion- 1
- Zucchini- 1
- Sweet Potato- 12 oz.
- Garlic- 1 Clove
- Honey- 2 tsp.
- Whole Grain Mustard- 1 TBSP
- White Wine Vinegar- 1 tsp
- Chicken Breast- 12 oz.
- Parsley- ¼ oz.
- Preheat and prep. Wash and dry all produce. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Halve, peel, and cut red onion into wedges. Halve zucchini lengthwise, then cut into ½-inch-thick half-moons. Cut sweet potato into 1-inch cubes. Place veggies on a baking sheet. Toss with 1 TBSP olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast until tender and lightly browned, 25-35 minutes.
- Make marinade. Meanwhile, mince or grate garlic. Whisk garlic, honey, 1 TBSP whole grain mustard, 1 tsp white wine vinegar, and 1 TBSP olive oil in a medium bowl. Season generously with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Marinate chicken. Place chicken in marinade and toss to coat.
- sear chicken Heat a medium ovenproof pan over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and sear in pan until no longer pink on outside, 2-3 minutes on each side. Brush chicken with marinade as it cooks.
- Bake chicken. Once chicken is browned and sticky, pour over any remaining marinade. (TIP: If you don’t have an ovenproof pan, transfer chicken and marinade to a baking dish.) With 8-10 minutes to go on veggies, transfer pan with chicken to oven. Roast until chicken is firm and juices run clear when cut.
- Divide chicken and veggies between plates. Drizzle with any remaining sauce from pan. Tear leaves from parsley and sprinkle on top.