RAPID MAPLE BALSAMIC CHICKEN
with Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli
By Hello Fresh
Cooking Time: 20 min.
Nutrition: 567 cal, Fat: 22 g, Sat. Fat: 10 g, Protein: 46 g, Carbs: 48 g, Sugar: 15 g, Sodium: 268 mg, Fiber: 8 g
- Broccoli Florets- 8 oz.
- Sweet Potatoes- 2
- Chicken Breasts- 12 oz.
- Balsamic Vinegar- 2 TBSP
- Maple Syrup- 2 tsp
- Sweet and Smoky Spice Blend- 1 tsp
- Preheat oven and roast broccoli. Wash and dry all produce. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place broccoli florets on a baking sheet. Toss with a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast until crispy and lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Microwave sweet potatoes. Meanwhile, prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork. Put on a plate and microwave on high until very tender, about 10 minutes.
- Sear chicken While broccoli and sweet potatoes cook, heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over mediumhigh heat. Season chicken all over with salt and pepper. Add to pan and cook until browned and no longer pink in center, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Make glaze. Add balsamic vinegar to pan and simmer until thickened but not completely evaporated, 1-2 minutes. Add 3 tsp maple syrup (we sent more) and simmer until very thick and sticky, about 1 minute. Add ½ TBSP butter and stir until melted. Return chicken to pan and toss to coat.
- Split sweet potatoes. Split sweet potatoes down the middle and season with salt and pepper. Top each half with ½ TBSP butter and sprinkle with a pinch of sweet and smoky spice blend (to taste). Lightly mash with a fork to incorporate.
- Serve. Arrange sweet potatoes on plates with chicken and broccoli. Drizzle over any remaining glaze.
CHICKEN SATAY SKEWERS
with Sriracha and Peanut Sauce
By Hello Fresh
Cooking Time: 35 min.
Nutrition: 632 cal, Fat: 16 g, Sat. Fat: 4.5 g, Protein: 50 g, Carbs: 74 g, Sugar: 8 g, Sodium: 507 mg, Fiber: 5 g
- Wooden Skewers- 4
- Garlic- 1 Clove
- Lime- 1
- Jasmine Rice- ¾ Cup
- Chicken Tenders- 12 oz.
- Coconut Milk- ¼ Cup
- Soy Sauce- 2 tsp.
- Justin’s Peanut Butter- 2 TBSP
- Sesame Oil- 1 ½ tsp
- Snow Peas- 8 oz.
- Sriracha- 1 tsp
- Preheat and prep. Wash and dry all produce. Preheat broiler to high or oven to 500 degrees. Put skewers in a large bowl and cover with water to soak. In a small pot, bring 1½ cups water and a pinch of salt to a boil. Mince or grate garlic. Halve lime.
- Cook rice. Add rice to boiling water, cover, and reduce to a simmer until tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Make satay skewers. Toss chicken in a large bowl with TBSP coconut milk (we sent more), a big squeeze of lime juice, 1½ tsp soy sauce, half the garlic, and ½ tsp sugar. Season with salt and pepper. Thread chicken onto skewers. Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Broil until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Make peanut sauce. In a medium bowl, stir together peanut butter, 1½ tsp sesame oil, ½ tsp soy sauce, 1 TBSP coconut milk, 2 TBSP water, ½ tsp sugar, and as much remaining garlic as you like (add a pinch and go up from there). Taste and adjust flavor with a squeeze of lime or a pinch of salt, if desired.
- Cook snow peas. With 5 minutes left to go on chicken, spread snow peas on top of baking sheet (you may need a second sheet) and drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Return to oven and bake until snow peas are tender and lightly crisped, 3-5 minutes.
- Plate. Serve satay skewers on a bed of rice with snow peas. Drizzle with peanut sauce and sriracha.
HONEY MUSTARD GLAZED CHICKEN
with Baked Veggies
By Hello Fresh
Cooking Time: 40 min
Nutrition: 526 cal, Fat: 16 g, Sat. Fat: 2 g, Protein: 47 g, Carbs: 51 g, Sugar: 17 g, Sodium: 322 mg, Fiber: 7 g
- Red Onion- 1
- Zucchini- 1
- Sweet Potato- 12 oz.
- Garlic- 1 Clove
- Honey- 2 tsp.
- Whole Grain Mustard- 1 TBSP
- White Wine Vinegar- 1 tsp
- Chicken Breast- 12 oz.
- Parsley- ¼ oz.
- Preheat and prep. Wash and dry all produce. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Halve, peel, and cut red onion into wedges. Halve zucchini lengthwise, then cut into ½-inch-thick half-moons. Cut sweet potato into 1-inch cubes. Place veggies on a baking sheet. Toss with 1 TBSP olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast until tender and lightly browned, 25-35 minutes.
- Make marinade. Meanwhile, mince or grate garlic. Whisk garlic, honey, 1 TBSP whole grain mustard, 1 tsp white wine vinegar, and 1 TBSP olive oil in a medium bowl. Season generously with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Marinate chicken. Place chicken in marinade and toss to coat.
- sear chicken Heat a medium ovenproof pan over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and sear in pan until no longer pink on outside, 2-3 minutes on each side. Brush chicken with marinade as it cooks.
- Bake chicken. Once chicken is browned and sticky, pour over any remaining marinade. (TIP: If you don’t have an ovenproof pan, transfer chicken and marinade to a baking dish.) With 8-10 minutes to go on veggies, transfer pan with chicken to oven. Roast until chicken is firm and juices run clear when cut.
- Divide chicken and veggies between plates. Drizzle with any remaining sauce from pan. Tear leaves from parsley and sprinkle on top.