RAPID MAPLE BALSAMIC CHICKEN
with Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli
By Hello Fresh
Cooking Time: 20 min.
Nutrition: 567 cal, Fat: 22 g, Sat. Fat: 10 g, Protein: 46 g, Carbs: 48 g, Sugar: 15 g, Sodium: 268 mg, Fiber: 8 g
- Broccoli Florets- 8 oz.
- Sweet Potatoes- 2
- Chicken Breasts- 12 oz.
- Balsamic Vinegar- 2 TBSP
- Maple Syrup- 2 tsp
- Sweet and Smoky Spice Blend- 1 tsp
- Preheat oven and roast broccoli. Wash and dry all produce. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place broccoli florets on a baking sheet. Toss with a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast until crispy and lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Microwave sweet potatoes. Meanwhile, prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork. Put on a plate and microwave on high until very tender, about 10 minutes.
- Sear chicken While broccoli and sweet potatoes cook, heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over mediumhigh heat. Season chicken all over with salt and pepper. Add to pan and cook until browned and no longer pink in center, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Make glaze. Add balsamic vinegar to pan and simmer until thickened but not completely evaporated, 1-2 minutes. Add 3 tsp maple syrup (we sent more) and simmer until very thick and sticky, about 1 minute. Add ½ TBSP butter and stir until melted. Return chicken to pan and toss to coat.
- Split sweet potatoes. Split sweet potatoes down the middle and season with salt and pepper. Top each half with ½ TBSP butter and sprinkle with a pinch of sweet and smoky spice blend (to taste). Lightly mash with a fork to incorporate.
- Serve. Arrange sweet potatoes on plates with chicken and broccoli. Drizzle over any remaining glaze.