By Hello Fresh
A classic grilled cheese hits the spot for breakfast or lunch. But if you’re going to do it for dinner, you gotta spiff it up. Our version is just fancy enough with brie and sweet fig jam, though all that melty cheese will still take you to a comfy, cozy place. We’re adding on an arugula mushroom salad not just because it’s delish, but also to help keep things classy.
Cooking Time: 25 min.
Nutrition: Energy (kJ)2163 kJ, Calories517 kcal, Fat30 g, Saturated Fat15 g, Carbohydrate48 g, Sugar10 g, Dietary Fiber6 g, Protein21 g, Cholesterol76 mg, Sodium753 mg
- Argula- 4 ounce
- Button Mushrooms- 4 ounce
- Fig Jam- 1 ounce
- Whole Wheat Bread- 4 slice
- Pepper- unit
- Olive Oil- 2 teaspoon
- Wash and dry all produce. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Strip rosemary leaves from stems. Discard stems. Finely chop leaves. Thinly slice mushrooms.
- Toss mushrooms with a drizzle of olive oil, rosemary, and a pinch of salt and pepper on a baking sheet. Roast in oven until browned and lightly crisped, 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut brie cheese into thin slices. Spread fig jam on one side of two of the bread slices. Top jammy sides with brie slices. Place remaining slices of bread on top of each to create two sandwiches.
- Melt 1 TBSP butter in a large pan over medium-low heat. Add sandwiches and cook until nicely browned on outside and melty inside, 4-5 minutes per side.
- While sandwiches cook, toss mushrooms with arugula, a large drizzle of balsamic vinegar (we sent more), and a drizzle of olive oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice sandwiches in half and serve with salad.