2 Chino Women Arrested for Kidnapping, Attempted Murder

Staff Reports

Chino – Two women were arrested, following a vehicle pursuit in Chino. Police discovered an unconscious woman in the passenger seat of their vehicle with a cord wrapped around her neck, said officials on Wednesday, August 22.

Authorities indicated the suspects and the victim may be acquainted. It seems they had been involved in a disagreement while they were traveling together from Los Angeles to Indio.

The victim fell asleep during the first half of the trip Tuesday morning. The suspects, Kyanna 23, and Brittney Patterson, 21, allegedly began suffocating and strangling the victim until she lost consciousness, the Chino Police Department said in a news release.

Authorities have not disclosed whether the women, both Monrovia residents, are related.

Officers responded to a call made by a witness who reportedly saw a distressed passenger screaming for help from a silver sedan near the Circle K gas station at 12895 Mountain Ave. at around 7:20 a.m.

Responding officers were able to locate the four-door sedan on Benson Avenue. The officers tried to pull the vehicle over, but the driver failed to stop, police said.

The woman behind the wheel was speeding and driving recklessly before she eventually collided with two other vehicles at the intersection of Riverside Drive and 10th Street.

The suspects were seen running from the car on foot, and officers pursued on foot and shortly caught up the suspects. Both women were arrested on suspicion of kidnapping and attempted murder, according to police reports.

When officers approached the vehicle, they discovered the victim unconscious in the passenger seat of the vehicle. The victim was transported to a nearby hospital via ambulance, where she was listed in stable condition, authorities said.

Officials have not released the victim’s name only that she is 28 years old.

Inmate records show both suspects were being held on $1 million bail at the West Valley Detention Center and were scheduled to appear in court Thursday, August 23.