Walnut – The Mt. San Antonio Community College District is soliciting applications to serve as an appointed member of the Board of Trustees representing Area 2. The appointed individual will serve until the next regularly scheduled election for governing Board members, which is November 6, 2018. Each applicant must reside in Area 2 of the Mt. San Antonio Community College District.
The Board is responsible for the performance of Mt. San Antonio College, which serves 60,000 students a year and provides vital educational and career technical programs to communities in the region.
The Board is seeking candidates who have the ability and time to fulfill the responsibilities of being a member of the Board, which include:
- Participate fully in the work of the Board, which includes attending all Board meetings and key college events, studying and discussing policy issues, and participating in trustee education programs.
- Be knowledgeable about the communities served by the college and be willing to act on behalf and for the benefit of those communities.
- Be committed to community colleges and their missions; understand educational, social, and economic policy issues.
- Engage in balancing the needs of many diverse groups; be able to contribute to and build consensus.
- Contribute to effective Board functioning and support the authority of the Board as a whole.
The Board of Trustees typically meets the second Wednesday of the month, with the public meeting beginning at 6:30 p.m.
To apply, visit http://www.mtsac.edu/governance/trustees/board_member_application.html or contact the President’s Office at (909) 274-4250. Applications are due no later than May 29, 2018. The Board will deliberate and make its appointment during the June 13, 2018 Board meeting in public session.