To ensure a great Halloween, please take time to read these safety tips:
1) Older children should TAKE FRIENDS and younger children should be accompanied by a TRUSTED ADULT when trick-or-treating.
2) Accompany younger children to the door of every home they approach and make sure parents and guardians are familiar with every home and all people from which the children receive treats.
3) Teach children to NEVER enter a home without prior permission from their parents or guardians.
4) Teach children to NEVER approach a vehicle, occupied or not, unless they are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
5) Make sure all children wear reflecting clothing and carry a flash light when out at dusk and at night to help drivers see you.
6) Teach your children to be aware of drivers on the road before they cross the street.
7) Teach children to NEVER approach a home that is not well lit both inside and outside.
8) Teach children to stay alert for any suspicious incidents and report them to their parents, guardians and/or the proper authority.
9) Consider organizing or attending parties at home, in schools or in community centers as a good alternative to trick-or-treating.