Tag Archives: CVFD

Chino Hay Fire

Photo Courtesy: CVFD
Chino Valley Fire District battle high flames at a Chino dairy farm

Staff Reports

Chino – Firefighters from the Chino Valley Fire District (CVFD) responded to a second-alarm hay fire on Tuesday, May 7 at around 8:04 p.m.  The fire was located in the 8300 block of Pine Ave at a Chino dairy farm. 

“Firefighters kept the fire from reaching several heads of cattle and nearby residential structures, at times battling three-story high flame lengths,” according to CVFD.  Firefighters contained the fire to bales of hay and a nearby barn structure.  No injuries were reported as of yet. 

CVFD announced that they expected the fire to burn for three to five days because of the fuel arrangement that makes it difficult to put out compact hay bales fires.  “These fires are deep seated into the material and make it difficult to access and extinguish,” said CVFD.   

Photo Courtesy: CVFD

Firefighters worked hard to contain the fire and their priority was to protect the perimeter exposures.  CVFD issued a statement on Tuesday evening stating they were trying to allow the fuel to burn off until they can get heavy equipment to move in and break the bails apart.  “Once the bails are spread out, we can put water over them and extinguish the fire,” CVFD added.

On Tuesday evening, Pine Avenue was closed between West Preserve Loop and East Preserve Loop, according to the Chino Police Department.  CVFD also sent out advisories for local residents to avoid the smoke by staying indoors, closing all doors and windows, and avoid vigorous outdoor and indoor activity.  They also recommended that residents run their air conditioner, keep the fresh air intake closed, and clean the filter to prevent smoke from coming inside.  For more information on protecting yourself during a wildfire, visit South Coast AQMD’s Wildfire Smoke & Ash Health & Safety Tips page: http://www.aqmd.gov/wildfire-health-infor-smoke-tips

Join CVFD in Spreading Holiday Cheer

BY CVFD  holiday-cheer

The Chino Valley Fire District asks the public to join our firefighters in spreading holiday cheer through the annual Spark of Love Toy Drive. Off-duty Chino Valley Fire personnel will be collecting toys at their annual toy drive event on Saturday December 3, 2016 and Sunday December 4, 2016, from 8am to 5pm in front of Wal-Mart in the City of Chino (3943 Grand Avenue). The Chino Valley Fire Professional Firefighters Union will offer free photos with Santa Claus from 10am to 4:30pm during the toy drive. All new, unwrapped toys and sports equipment collected during the toy drive will be distributed to local charities serving the Cities of Chino and Chino Hills.

CVFD will continue collecting donations at all seven fire stations and Fire Administration through December 24, 2016, in partnership with ABC 7’s Spark of Love Toy Drive.

Chino Valley Fire District locations:

  • Fire Station 61: 5078 Schaefer Avenue, Chino
  • Fire Station 62: 5551 Butterfield Ranch Road, Chino Hills
  • Fire Station 63: 7550 Kimball Avenue, Chino
  • Fire Station 64: 16231 Canon Lane, Chino Hills
  • Fire Station 65: 12220 Ramona Avenue, Chino
  • Fire Station 66: 13707 Peyton Drive, Chino Hills
  • Fire Station 67: 5980 Riverside Drive, Chino
  • Fire Administration: 14011 City Center Drive, Chino Hills

Each year, we receive many donations for young children, but are always short on items for children between the ages of 11 and 18. Suggested donations for children that fall within that age range include: earphones, gift cards, sunglasses, skateboards, scooters, basketballs, footballs, blow driers, curling irons, and flat irons.

Your continued support and donations are very much appreciated and will go a long way to help brighten the holiday season for many children throughout the Chino Valley.


Chino Home Fire Causes Injury

(Photo Courtesy:  Chino Valley Fire District) Traumatized, but okay, two pups are rescued from a house fire by CVFD Fire Inspector/Community Liaison Officer, Lena Lin; and Firefighter/Paramedic, Brett Underwood.

(Photo Courtesy: Chino Valley Fire District)
Traumatized, but okay, two pups are rescued from a house fire by CVFD Fire Inspector/Community Liaison Officer, Lena Lin; and Firefighter/Paramedic, Brett Underwood.

Staff Reports

Chino – On Wed., Mar. 4, Chino Valley Fire District (CVFD) firefighters responded to an outdoor fire on the 12000 block of Falcon Place in the City of Chino.

According to CVFD, the fire originated in the back patio/deck area of the single-family structure and extended into the attic. Firefighters started with an exterior attack and switched to interior once the fire spread into the attic.

One female patient in her 20s sustained burn injuries to five percent of her body. She was transported in stable condition to an area hospital.

Firefighters rescued two dogs from the structure.  The dogs were removed from the home and given oxygen.

The cause of the fire is under investigation.