By Jennifer Madrigal
Eastvale – The following incidents are shared by members of our community, and are anonymous acknowledgments to the great (and no so great) things that happen around town.
- RUBIES to the nice lady in the SUV in the drive-thru at Starbucks who bought my quadruple shot Frappe and told the cashier to wish me Happy Holidays. Wow! You inspired me to do the same for the person behind me.
- RUBIES to the amazing Robert the Window Guy, who fixed my window at a very reasonable cost. He also gave my daughter a mirror and brought us a couch to replace the old tattered one we had. I love our Community!
- RUBIES to Lydia Kray! She recently threw a Shrimp Boil Fundraiser for 75 people at her house in Eastvale for a little 8-year old boy with terminal cancer. She is also a mentor for teens through Inspire Life Skills, which is a program for foster kids that have aged out of foster care; as well as a volunteer for a new company that provides an ICU Mobile Clinic for the underprivileged. Please recognize her. She deserves it!
- RUBIES to Coach Hector Chavez, who always gives us rides, runs with us, buys us hamburgers after our races, and puts up with a van full of super stinky boys after a race.
- ROCKS to the people who STILL speed down Hamner Avenue, practically taking out kids walking to school, all while putting their make-up on and throwing trash out of the window.
- ROCKS to the criminal who stole the package off my front porch! Hope you enjoy all the gauze and first aid products. Sorry it wasn’t the new iPhone 6, but hey, save it for Halloween and you can go as a Mummy!
- ROCKS to the neighbor who called the Sheriff to claim we had our camper out for a week. It was there for one day so we could pack it up for Thanksgiving! I’m sure you and your non-compliant fence and the old beater car that sits and never moves are in COMPLETE compliance.