By LEAFF (Law Enforcement and Fire Fighters)
Eastvale – With all the heat and humidity that we are experiencing this summer – not to mention the drought conditions that make us look forward to rain and cooler weather – LEAFF recommends that you use these Tips for Staying Safe in the Heat:
1. Make sure to keep hydrated. Lots of water and fluids are crucial when playing or working outside. If your children are in sports they should be drinking water consistently- ALL DAY- even before their activity begins.
2. Make sure there is adequate shade for your animals outside or bring them inside, if possible, when the temperatures rise.
3. Make sure animals have fresh, clean water to last all day; and be sure to change their water completely at least every two days to avoid stagnation, which pets tend to avoid.
4. Try to exercise outdoors either early in the morning, or in the evening when it’s cooler.
5. Never leave animals or children inside of a hot vehicle, no matter what!